As an established Managed IT Services provider, My IT Guy provides all facets and functions of a typical IT Department for small- and medium- sized business in and around Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph, Milton, and other surrounding areas.
Our consistent growth since 2004 speaks volumes about our ability to work as a collaborative team, focus on what we do best, and consistently foster a culture of learning and knowledge sharing.
We are looking for the right individual to grow with us, and are offering:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible work hours and work-from-home options
- Company paid benefits
- Support and co-ordinate all office administrative needs
- Review, maintain and generate a variety of reports, including monthly financial reports and organizational charts
- Assist in the preparation and development of presentations for business meetings and reviews
- Conduct bookkeeping duties as needed
- One of your responsibilities will be to find ways to automate and minimize bookkeeping duties as much as possible
- Assist with dispatching (assigning incoming work) amongst technical staff
- Assist in identifying opportunities for automation
- Organize company functions
- Arrange conference calls and meetings
- Communicate with clients on an ongoing basis and provide updates as appropriate using email and our Client Portal
- Meet with clients as needed/appropriate
- Accurately track and record time entries
- Participate in regular internal team meetings
As you might expect from a tech company, we leverage automation and integrations between our line-of-business applications. As such, you should be comfortable adapting to change, and eager to explore new software & services as business needs arise.
Do you have:
- Previous experience as an executive secretary, administrative assistant, or in other related fields?
- Experience with these applications?
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Quickbooks Online
- A positive attitude and solutions-focused approach in a dynamic, collaborative environment?
- A desire to continually learn and grow?
- Customer service experience, especially with small businesses?
- Organizational skills to ensure deadlines are met, and to complete tasks with minimal or no supervision?
- Ability to prioritize and multitask?
- Strong attention to detail?
- Integrity and Accountability?
- Excellent judgment and interpersonal skills?
- Strong written and verbal communication skills?
Physical activities of the job are typical of an office setting.
Our ideal candidate exemplifies the values that make us a great team.
- Clear & Concise Communication: Ideas and instructions should always provide context and clarity, free of jargon, that’s easy for anyone to understand, with as few back & forth replies as possible.
- Responsibility: Everyone makes mistakes. But only those who acknowledge, accept, and learn from their mistakes are able to grow.
- Growth Oriented: We believe every member of our team should be working to make themselves better, incrementally, always. This might mean acknowledging areas of improvement, or stepping out of our comfort zones to take on new challenges.
- Considerate: We believe that everyone is deserving of thoughtful consideration, without judgement or defensiveness. If an issue arises, we listen, reflect, and respond constructively.
Does this sound like you? Are you excited to join the My IT Guy team?
Join a Growing Company
My IT Guy has grown every year since it was established in 2004, continuing our growth even through the worst of the 2008 recession and the ongoing global pandemic. Our growth speaks volumes about our ability to work as a collaborative team, focus on what we do best, and consistently foster a culture of learning and knowledge sharing.
With Long-term Vision
As we grow, promoting people from within the company to new positions will be the best way to move forward. To do this we will be committed to finding the best and brightest people and do everything we can to help them succeed within the company.
Where You Can Make an Impact
You never know where the best ideas will come from, and we believe in keeping everyone involved in the business. Being a part of My IT Guy means you will have a real, measurable influence on how the company grows and what strategic direction we take.